Frequently asked questions
What is the length of the suits?
- The length of the shorts and skirt is made just above the knee no matter how tall you are! Each swimsuit is custom built for your height!
What kind of fabric do you use?
- I use a first quality swimsuit fabric. These are thicker than most other suits, making it less likely to cling when you are wet, but not too heavy to weigh you down! It is 4-way stretch fabric made out of nylon and lycra/spandex
How do you make the swimsuits? Are they durable?
- I use a durable and stretchy nylon thread made especially for stretchy swimsuit seams; this makes the seams nearly unbreakable! But don’t try it at home :). These swimsuits are sewn in the USA on Janome sergers. The serged seams make the swimsuit sturdy and resistant to breaking. Cover-stitched hems complete the professional look.
Does it cling when wet?
- Like any suit, the fabric does cling when it’s wet, BUT If I do it too much larger than your measurements, it clings more when it’s wet. When it’s completely wet, there’s not much you can do about it clinging, but it does dry pretty quickly. If we do the skirt mid-calf it may be hard to swim in, and it might cling more when wet with all that extra fabric.
Do you make plus sizes?
- Yes, I’ve done many of these! Fill out the custom form with your measurements, and I’ll send you an invoice, and make one especially for you!
What customizations do you do?
- I can do slight changes to the suit, such as length of the sleeves, dress, or leggings. Or I can customize the measurements for you if you don’t quite fit in an exact size.
What do you charge for shipping? When can I expect my Swimsuit?
- Shipping is $7.99 for the first swimsuit and $1.99 for each additional suit (up to $11.99 for three or more suits), in the United States. Shipping to Canada is $26 for the first suit and $50 for the two or more suits. Contact me for shipping costs to other countries. I’ve shipped all over the world, including Spain and Singapore!
I usually ship USPS priority mail. Since it is a custom product, please allow 2 to 4 weeks for the arrival of your swimsuit. Let me know if you need it sooner than that, as I may be able to work something out.
What is your return policy?
- Returns are allowed only if you have tried it on with undergarments and must be requested within 30 days of receiving shipment. Generally, buyer pays return shipping, as well as a small restocking fee. Prior authorization must be obtained.
- Custom suits are not returnable as they were made to fit you. This policy is subject to change without notice.